Walton County Auto Accident

Practice Area photo

Although the number of accidents in Walton County, Georgia has decreased over the years from over 800 accidents a year in the mid 1990s down to 700 a year in the 2000s, there is still the chance that you may be involved in an auto accident because of someone else’s negligence. One careless mistake can result in unforeseen medical expenses and emotional suffering, and no one is prepared for this. However, after an accident occurs, you can take steps to make sure you are your family are getting the compensation you are legally entitled to. You can start by contacting an experienced attorney with a history of success, such as Walton County auto accident attorney Charles Scholle.

There are steps you should take immediately following an accident, so that if you do choose to hire a lawyer, you will have a strong case. First, make sure you never leave the scene of an accident even if the accident was not your fault. Be sure to be out of the way of the flow of traffic. Next, make sure everyone in your car and in the other car is safe. If anyone needs medical assistance, get help right away. Injuries like burn injury and spine injury require immediate medical attention. Other injuries are not immediately apparent. Even if you feel minor pain, make sure you go to the doctor. Make sure you call the police, so they can file a report. Get this report if possible; it will help your attorney determine exactly what happened. Next, get information from the other driver involved in the accident. This includes insurance information, driver’s license, etc. Next, write down all the details of the accident, from skid marks and car damage to time and location of the accident.

If you believe the other driver was at fault in the accident, you can contact a personal injury lawyer to file an auto accident suit. You may be able to recover for damages and be compensated for medical bills, or any wages lost due to inability to work after the accident. Getting the right attorney to represent you is important.

If you have been hurt in a car accident and thin you have a valid claim, contact the Offices of P. Charles Scholle today to set up your free consultation today.