- 2010 Million Dollar Advocates Forum Lifetime Membership
- 1999 Emeritus Member and Service Award, Atlanta Bar Association Estate and Probate Section
- American Society of Legal Advocates , Top 100 Trial Lawyers in Georgia
- National Trial Lawyers , Top 100 Trial Lawyers
Choosing a lawyer is very important. You need legal advice you can count on. Below are my past and present positions of professional leadership:
- State Bar of Georgia and Federal Bar Admissions: United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit, United States District Court for the Northern District, United States District Court for the Middle District, Supreme Court of the State of Georgia, and Court of Appeals of the State of Georgia.
- President and Chairman of Board of Directors , Atlanta Bar Association, Estate Planning and Probate Section
- Emeritus Board Member , Atlanta Bar Association, Estate Planning and Probate Section
- Board Member , Atlanta Bar Association, Board of Directors
- Member , Atlanta Bar Association, Elder Law Committee
- Board Member, Board of Advisors, The Gwinnett Foundation
- Member , Georgia Trial Lawyers Association, Motor Vehicle, Trucking, Worker’s Compensation & Premises Liability Sections
- Member , Gwinnett Trial Lawyers Association
- Member , State Bar of Georgia, Fiduciary Law, Aviation Law, Consumer Law, General Practice and Trial Law, Products Liability Law, Tort and Insurance Practice & Younger Lawyer's Sections
- Member , American Bar Association, Real Property Section, Probate and Trusts Section
- Member , American Association for Justice (AAJ): Aviation Litigation, Burn Injury Litigation, Tort and Insurance, Motor Vehicle Collision, Highway & Premises Liability Sections.
- Member , Traumatic Brain Injury Litigation Group
- Member, Trucking Litigation Group
- Member, Eye and Refractive Surgery Litigation Group
- Member , Liquor Liability Litigation Group
- Member , Practice Development Litigation Group
- Member , Spinal Cord Injury Litigation Group
- Member , Motorcycle Litigation Group
- Member , The Lawyer's Club of Atlanta
- Member , National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, Health Care Decision Making Committee
- Member , Gwinnett County Bar Association
- Member, Dekalb County Bar Association, Trial Lawyer & Young Lawyer Sections
- Member , Lawyers Club of Atlanta, Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Member , National Crime Victims Bar Association
- Member , Sandy Springs Bar Association
- Fellow, Roscoe Pound Civil Justice Institute
- Fellow , Knights of the Bar
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- “Consumer Guide to Tractor Trailer Accidents” March 2011.
- “Guide to Georgia Elder Abuse and Neglect Laws,” CLE Presentation to Eldercare Matters Alliance, April, 2010.
- “How Long will it Take to Resolve my Georgia Personal Injury Case,” Practice Guide published on Avvo, 2009.
- “How to Read a Georgia Uniform Motor Vehicle Accident Report”, 2009
- “What to do After the Death of a Loved One in Georgia” Practice Guide published on Avvo, 2008.
- “How to Probate a Georgia Will or Estate,” 2006.
- “Frequently Answered Questions from Out-of-State Executors Settling Estates in Georgia,” CLE Presentation to the Gwinnett Foundation, February, 2005.
- “How to Pursue a Personal Injury Claim,” 2001.
- “Sophisticated Estate Planning for Foreign Nationals,” Summit National Bank, January 2000.
- “Business Succession Planning and Estate Tax Avoidance Techniques,” presented to the Gwinnett Chamber of Commerce, March 1999.
- “Life Insurance Issues in Estate Administration,” The Gwinnett Bar Association Newsletter, November, 1998.
- “Estate and Probate in Georgia: What Every Financial Advisor Should Know,” presented to Edward Jones Investment Representatives, November 1998.
- “Estate Administration,” guest lecturer at Successful Money Management Seminars” presented by Educational Seminars of Georgia, October 1998.
COMMUNITY SERVICE AND SUPPORT
I am proud of my law firm’s involvement in various charities, non-profits and community organizations. Below are some of the organizations that we have supported:
- Board of Advisors, The Gwinnett Foundation
- Buckhead Fifty Club
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, Health Care Decision Making Committee
- Gwinnett County Chamber of Commerce
- Gwinnett Estate Council
- Amputee Coalition of America
- Alzheimer's Association, Atlanta Area
- Georgia Planned Giving Council
- National Committee on Planned Giving
- National Crime Victims Bar Association
- Mothers Against Drunk Driving
- Choice in Dying
- Gwinnett County Truancy Intervention Project
- Goodwill of Georgia
- University of Georgia, Alumni Association
- University of Georgia, School of Law
- Special Olympics
- Susan G. Komen, Foundation for the Cure
- Brain Industry Association of Georgia
- Mothers Against Drunk Driving: 2011, BOARD MEMBER, MADD STEERING COMMITTEE
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys: Health Care Decision Making Committee 2003, BOARD MEMBER
- Gwinnett Foundation: 2000, BOARD MEMBER
- Atlanta Bar Association: 1999, BOARD OF DIRECTORS, ESTATE PLANNING AND PROBATE SECTION, PRESIDENT AND CHAIRMAN OF BOARD OF DIRECTORS, EMERITUS LIFETIME BOARD MEMBER, ESTATE PLANNING AND PROBATE SECTION, BOARD MEMBER ELDER LAW COMMITTEE
- P. Charles Scholle, P.C. 2000-Present Partner
- Summit Equity Partners I, LP 2005-Present Managing Partner
- Scholle & Langstaff, P.C. 1997-2000 Partner
- Oxford Industries, Inc. 1994 Associate Intern
- Rooks Rider Solicitors, LP (London, England) 1993 Associate Intern
- University of Georgia School of Law 1995 -- Juris Doctor with Honors, Cum Laude Graduate, Editorial Board of Georgia Journal of International and Comparative Law
- University of Georgia School of Business 1992 -- Bachelor of Business Administration, Finance, Magna Cum Laude, High Honors Graduate, Honors Program
- University of Georgia School of Law Cum Laude Graduate, Honors Graduate Federalist Society, Board of Directors, Georgia Journal of International Law, Editorial Board, Mock Trial Team
- University of Georgia, Terry School of Business Finance, BBA, Magna Cum Laude Graduate, High Honors Graduate, Honors Program, Demosthenian Literary Society, Golden Key International Honor Society Scholar, Georgia Wine and Spirits Distributors Academic Scholarship Recipient
Georgia Personal Injury, Wrongful Death and Estate Administration Lawyer
Charles Scholle is a preeminently-rated trial lawyer who focuses exclusively on catastrophic and personal injury matters. He is the founder of Scholle Law and is active in numerous professional and community organizations in which he has served in leadership roles. His approach to the law and his reputation for excellence are described more fully in the Our Approach page which we welcome you to read at length.
His compassion for his clients and his determination and ability are second to none -- which is why his peers have awarded him the highest rating possible for not only his legal skills, but his ethical standards as well.
He has been a member of the Georgia bar since 1995. He earned his Juris Doctor from the University of Georgia School of Law, receiving Honors and serving on the Editorial Board of the Georgia Journal of International and Comparative Law.
He is married to Lori Anne Scholle and is the father of three sons. He enjoys running, swimming, scuba diving (Advanced Open Water Certified), adventure travel and trivia.